- " An eighteenth century inscription from Angkor Wat ", JSS, Vol. 59 (2), July 1971 :
- Cambodia before the French : Politics in a Tributary Kingdom, 1794-1848, Ann Arbor, Michigan University, 212 p, Microfilms.
- " Royally sponsored human sacrifices in nineteenth century cambodia : the cult of Nak Ta Me Sa (Mahisasuramardini) at Ba Phnom ", JSS, Vol.62 (2), July 1974 : 207-221.
- " An anti-vietnamese rebellion in early nineteenth century cambodia ", JSEAS, Vol.VI (1), March 1975 :
- " The duties of the corps of royal scribes : an undates khmer manuscript from the colonial era ", JSS, Vol.63 (2), July 1975 :
- " Maps for the Ancestors : Sacralized topography and echoes of Angkor in two cambodian texts ", JSS, July 1976, Vol. 64 (2) :170-187.
- " Transformation in Cambodia ", Commonweal, April 1 :
- Favorite Stories from Cambodia (tr.), Singapore, Heinemann in Asia.
- " Folk memories of the decline of Angkor in nineteenth century cambodia : The legend of the leper king ", JSS, Vol.67, Part 1, January 1979 :
- " Cambodian royal chronicles (rajabangsavatar), 1927-1949 : Kingship and Historiography at the end of the colonial era ", in Anthony Reid & David Marr, Perceptions of the Past in Southeast Asia, Singapour-Hong Kong- Kuala Lumpur, Asian Studies Association of Australia, Southeast Asia Publications Series n°4, Heinemann.
- " The Tragedy of Cambodian history ", PA, Vol.52 (3) :
- " Songs at the edge of the forest : perceptions of the Order in three Cambodian texts ", in Woodside Alexander & Wyatt David (ed) : Moral order and the question of change, New Haven; Yale University, Southeast Asia Monographs 24 : 53-77.
- " The assassination of the Résident Bardez (1925) : a premonition of the revolt in colonial Cambodia ", JSS, summer 1982 : 35-49.
- " Seeing red : perceptions of Cambodian history in Democratic Kampuchea " in Revolution and its Aftermath in Kampuchea : Eight Essays (David Chandler & Ben Kiernan), New Haven, Yale University, Southeast Asia Monograph Series : 34-56.
- " Revising the past in Democratic Kampuchea : when was the birthday of the party? ", PA, Vol.56 (2), summer1983 :
- " Going through the motions : ritual aspects of the reign of king Duang of Cambodia (1848-1860) ", Yale University, Southeast Asia Monographs 26.
- " Normative Pems (Chbap) and Pre-colonial Cambodian society " , JSEAS, Vol.XV (2), September 1984 : 271-279.
- " Cambodia in 1984 : a historical patterns re-asserted ? " , SEASI Southeast Asian Affairs : 177-186
- "The Kingdom of Kampuchea, march-october 1945", JSEAS, Vol.XVII (1), March 1986 : 80-93.
- In search of southeast Asia : A modern History (co-editor with David Joel Steinberg, ed. et al.), 2nd edition, Honolulu, University of Hawaii Press.
- " A revolution in full spate : communist party policy in Democratic Kampuchea, december 1976 ", IJP, Vol. 16, No. 3 : 131-149.
- Pol Pot Plans the Future : Confidential Leadership Documents from Democratic Kampuchea 1976-1977 (trans and co-edited with B. Kiernan and C. Boua), New Haven, Yale University, Southeast Asia Monograph Series.
- The Land and People of Cambodia, New-York, Harper Collins.
- A History of Cambodia, 2nd edition, Boulder, CO, Westview Press. First published 1983.
- The Tragedy of Cambodia History : Politics War and Revolution since 1945, New Haven, Yale University Press.
- Brother Number One : a Political Biography of Pol Pot, Boulder, CO, Westview Press; traduit en Français (1993), en Thaï (1994), en Japonais (1994) et en Khmer (1998). 2nd, revised edition, 1999; traduit en Russian (2005) and Vietnamese (2006).
- Cambodia : a Briefing Paper, Sydney, Australia-Asia Institute.
- The Khmers (co-author, with Ian Mabbett), Oxford, Blackwells.
- Facing the Cambodian Past : Selected Essays 1971-1994, Chiangmai, Silkworm Books, Sydney, Allen and Unwin; Seattle, University of Washington Press.
- Voices from S-21 : Terror and History in Pol Pot's Secret Prison, Berkeley and Los Angeles, University of California Press. Traduit en en Français (2002), en Khmer (2003).
- (co-author with Norman G.Owen, et al), The Emergence of Modern Southeast Asia: a New History, Honolulu, University of Hawaii Press.
(co-editor with Christopher Goscha, ed. et al.), L’espace d’un regard: L’Asie de Paul Mus (1902-1969), Paris, les Indes Savantes, 335 p.
- " Coming to Cambodia ", in Ann Hansen and Judy Ledgerwood (eds), At the Edge of the Forest: Essays in Honor of David Chandler, Ithaca, NY, Cornell University Southeast Asia Program.
- (co-editor with Alexandra Kent), People of Virtue Reconfiguring Religion, Power and Morality in CambodiaToday, Copenhagen, NIAS Press.
- " Quelques souvenirs de Jacques Népote ", Péninsule 56, 2008 : 7-10.
- " Cambodia Deals with its Past: Collective Memory, Demonisation and Induced Amnesia ", Totalitarian Movements & Political Religions, Sep. 2008, Vol. 9 Issue 2/3 : 355-369.
© AEFEK 2017 - Abdoul-Carime Nasir